No big troubleshooting here, the HP3312A function generator had been developing small fault over time, the last time I used it was not outputting signal or with the wrong shape, so decided to see what could be done.
This was the "sinusoidal" output:
Not good! Also the frequency was not in line with the bezel markings.
Here's the offending component on top board near the front panel.
The reference marked in the capacitor, if needed:
.5MF +/- 10%
Better now after replacement, I didn't had 0.5MF as originally so by mistake placed a 2.2uF, got better but still some distortion seen:
I then replaced by a 1uF one and now it's perfect, in the future I will probably try to find the right value (0.5uF) and replace.
Have a nice day!