Saturday, April 18, 2020

World Amateur Radio Day - 6Ж5Б-В (6J5B-V) Oscilator

Yes, it is today at least for those interested in calendar advents!

I suspect that for the majority it will be all days, weekends or occasionally, it does not matter as long as the spirit is alive. I also does not matter if your interest is DX, QSL collection, home-brew, 500m or light-wave.

For me since it's mostly building and learning RF electronics in the process, here's today "project":



I had some Russian 6Ж5Б-В (6J5B-V ) miniature tubes laying around for long time, so decided to build something with them, or at least try.
I think they were chosen just for fun and to make combined postage in another components order.

Components values are not optimal since I was building and doing guess work at the same time trying different values. Keep in mind I'm no expert in tube technology (nor transistor for that matter just to be clear).  That said, do not replicate for any other purpose than fun.

The tube/valve 6Ж5Б-В (6J5B-V ):



The warm glow, always nice to see:



and the outcome:


No output filter but again the RFC used are on the low side values:

Final schematic:

(add: latter changed the top 200pF capacitor for a 20PF)

To be honest I was not expecting it to work since the anode voltage was too low and I haven't a higher voltage power supply.

Have a great day!




No comments: