Saturday, November 14, 2009

HF antenna splitter



It's Saturday afternoon and I am a little bored...so... nothing like heating the soldering iron and make something interesting...or not....

Some time ago I found some receiving antenna splitter schematics and now decided to have a go on it.... I already had tested an antenna splitter ( without luck) using an cable tv unit. This one worked like a charm, of course port isolation, losses and other operational parameter were not tested...

Schematic came from this nice article: http://www.qrp.pops.net/swl-ant-split.asp
I just changed the number of turns to 10 on T1 and T2. The resistor is a 100 Ohm one. Today propagation was on the nice side and so there were plenty of signals coming to my humble 17m band wire dipole (homebrew of course).


In action both receiver on the same frequency (actually 2.5Khz offset):



Another one with one receiver at 7Mhz and the other at 14Mhz:





Didn't tested for now on the low and high bands since but I am sure it will have success also. Also I didn't notice any interference from both radios except a small glitch when powering on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.
Alex
GPS jammer