Sunday, May 04, 2008

Speaker box


After two sucessfull loudspeaker box for my home stereo I decided to create one to my radios.
Bought three small speakers just like the one used on television sets, just because they have good sound for voice.
Had some small peaces of wood laying around and created an small box, I'm not an great carpenter by I think after some painting the box will be nice looking.
I could use only one speaker but the wook size was ok for three and I have more than 3 radios so I still will have to build another speaker box.
Why do I have the trouble to build this box, well, just because I can and I think speaker boxes are overpriced. Each of the speakers only cost less than 8 Eur and the box nothing. The sound quality is not that important on radio communications, antennas are more important. So you can have nice sound for half the price of an miserable brand speaker.
The prototype:

Still need to drill the holes for the speakers and do some painting. After conclusion will post the pictures and an audio report.
Here the other side around:

This box will be for the Yaesu FT-102, Sommerkamp FT-307 and Kenwood TS-50. For my VHF/UHF dual bander I used an pair of satelite speaker that come with and stereo system.

No comments: