Thursday, October 25, 2012

Capacitor adapter

Sometimes I have to measure caps but when their leads are small they don't fit in the meter, so I came up with this adapter...using just two little pieces of PCB and alligator claws.


pure genius hum?

Another photo:



I was sure it had more capacity....

Still have solder a little pcb to fix the 2 parts together....


...done:

before you think... the "bridge" holding the two parts is soldered but isolated....

...and meanwhile I add an adapter for the resistance, voltage and frequency of the multimeter, I like to use thin wire for the leads and they tend to break on the banana plugs due to heavy use (look close on first and second photo), this way I hope they last longer...

This multimeter has been a real workhorse (and was considerably cheap), considering the abuse already suffered, a miracle it's still working.

No comments: