Monday, January 14, 2013

My new rig...

My first rig was a Kenwood TS-50, at that time it wasn't cheap but it was the cheaper rig in the market (new). It has been serving me nice and I still own it.

Now, after learning a little bit more about the hobby, made me realize I needed something different....


















OK, I know, it's probably a little on the expensive side but think about the joy of operating this little rig, and when you made a QSO you can tell with all the pride the model of your equipment and talk about all the bells and whistles, you can even mention it can make tea and toasts...

 It's for sure a pileup breaker...besides the bank account...


So without more delays....



....here it is....

....my new rig after the first successful real air transmission copy on 40m band...
It was with about 1m of wire connected directly to the first mixer amp since I haven't found yet the issue in the bandpass filter or in the 33Mhz low pass part (another possible candidate for the problem)....

(an old photo but same model)



Will keep debugging the next few days but at least half the rig works!!! I'm happy!

No comments: