Wednesday, April 07, 2010

PTO mechanics

The hard part on a making a PTO is the mechanical part so I took some minutes to think about it and started doing one, hopefully it will be somehow stable...
Not much description here, there's an old ball bearing in the shaft and some peaces of aluminum to remove the play. There are 3 nuts to remove (not very successfully) the lateral oscillation/play.














If you have a nice tool shop then please have a look at this one: http://www.qsl.net/g3oou/pto.html

If you are a null working with tools then this one is for you: http://www.wa6otp.com/pto.htm I only wonder what is the sensibility to hand capacity...have to try one...

I would say mine is in bettwen...

still and very important is to place the coil and the moving core....

The moving video, I didn't applied grease yet, ence the noise... just to clear things out...:




This PTO was supposed to be placed in a receiver I am building but the PTO board is bigger so I will use another VFO.
Look at the size of the pre filter if amplifier.... it was a pain to build, the schematic is from BitX (the amplifier I mean), the rest is a mix and is not yet complete.

No comments: