Sunday, June 09, 2019

AC panel voltmeter convertion to DC

Well, this is the first post of 2019.




Since the start of the blog the idea was always to document some of my projects and also as a means that others can be motivated to build something.
This would e a win win situation, the more people building the more need for components so the more shops would keep open since lately the tendency is for hobby electronics to decline. Also I would keep information on my project that could be handy when I have to fix them since I'm not good on taking notes.

Said that, here's a small conversion of a 250V AC panel voltmeter to 25V DC.
The schematic is nothing more than a series diode (using one of the existing from the original PCB) with a resistor and a variable trimmer in series with moving coil meter. The original schematic (for AC) is seen on the background.
Calibration was just using a 9V battery and setting the trimer to read 9V, (90V AC on the original scale). Not critical here since I just wanted a means of checking if one of my DC power supplies was outputting the selected voltage.









Have a great one!



 

No comments: